BlinkenBone - Source code
The complete sources of the BlinkenBone system are located on GitHub:
You find several related projects in a single directory node.
- 020.3_simh* is my version of PDP11, PDP8 and PDP10 SimH, with REALCONS extensions. It is based on SimH 4.x.
- 07.0_blinkenlight_api is the whole RPC interface stuff, for C and Java
- 07.1_blinkenlight_server is server-side daemon on the BeagleBone. Since it needs special BlinkenCape/BlinkenBus/BlinkenBoard hardware, it has limited functions on Win32 and Ubuntu. It may serve as implementation prototype for other servers
- 07.2_blinkenlight_test is a test client. It can be used to exlore the panels and controls of any server (Java or real hardware)
- 09_javapanelsim is the Java code for PDP11 and PDP10 panel simulation. Also all resource images are there.
- 11_pidp8 is the special server daemon for the PiDP8
The projects compile for different target platforms: Win32, Ubuntu x86, Ubuntu x64 , RaspberryPi Raspbian and Beaglebone Angstrom Linux.
Setting up cross-compiler toolchains is beyond this guide.
So you can only compile the target running on your current platform
For platform Win32 you need Win10 running with Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition installed.
This starts MSbuild.
You can compile for Ubuntu 32 bit on an 32 bit Ubuntu, or for Ubuntu 64 bit on Ubuntu 64.
Edit "projects/make.sh" and remove all lines not fitting your host. Variable MAKE_TARGET_ARCH controls the target platform in various makefiles.
The Java application to simulate the panels is platform-independent. To re-create the "panelsim_all.jar" package, just start the Ubuntu-compilation as described above. Java is build with the C projects.